Monday, March 14, 2011
Jon's Officially In South Carolina
So Jon got sworn in on Monday for the Army and left for basic training on Tuesday. I do not recommend trying to say good bye for three days. I just makes you crazy :( He left on a 6:30 am flight to Salt Lake, and another from Salt Lake to Atlanta, where he picked up a bus to Fort Jackson. He made it to South Carolina safely. He went through a week of "reception" where he did paperwork, signed up for insurance, had a dental exam, got his head shaved, and got his uniforms.
I had a rough week because I kept missing his phone calls and the beginning adjustment was not easy. I finally got to talk to him for about 10 mins on Thursday( and the only reason we had to get off the phone was because I had to get back to work :( ) and he sent me a picture of him in his uniform. He looks soo different! He started actual PT training and the actual BASIC training on Saturday, and Saturday night he was on firewatch and VERY tired come Sunday. I will start receiving letters from him and the very rare phone call. We are both doing well considering the situation. Thanks for all of the love and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment