Monday, February 28, 2011
The BANK... ugh!
So Jon and I switched banks so we could have a bank that was more nationally available for the army instead of the banks that we had that were California only. So we went with Bank of America. I like that you can do everything (withdrawl, deposit cash and checks, and balance inquiries) from the outside ATM and not have to worry about going inside, but I don't like all of the hidden surprises that comes with it. We've deposited 3 work paychecks and each time we deposit a check only $100 of your check is available to you at that time and the rest if available at midnight. SOO not cool! What happens when you need to pay bills or put gas in your car. The last two times that we've deposited a check it gave us the $100 but said there was a 7 DAY HOLD on the rest of our money because we are less than 30 days into this new account (dumbest thing I have ever heard of). UMM that is our money, not yours. I was sooo frustrated with this cause we had bills due and it's hard to pay bills when you don't have the money that you need and that the money that you have already will pay the bills but won't let you get gas or groceries for a week, no bueno. So I called the bank and told them that this was not ok and that I didn't understand why there was a 7 day hold because I was new to their bank. No one could give me an answer to my question so I demanded that the hold be lifted because I had a right to my money. They lifted the hold and gave me the money, but this same scenario has happened AGAIN! So I guess I will be spending some time tomorrow sternly talking to a bank teller..OH JOY! Ugh.... why is money so important :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You need to cash your checks first and that releases the money right away then you can put it straight into your account and wont have to worry about any holds. A lot of the time if you just put the check into the account the money doesnt get released for a day or two. I learned this the hard way. So try that next time.
ReplyDeleteInteresting.. I might just have to try that.
ReplyDelete